Friday, March 02, 2012

Small Tortoiseshell, my first Butterfly this Year....


















The first butterfly I have seen this year is this Small Tortoiseshell. After a long walk, where I had given up to meet any butterflies - I had heard that someone had seen butterflies yesterday - a small tortoiseshell came flying and sat in front of me for a short moment, before it disappeared again. A sweet little butterfly, but they are all beautiful little creatures.




photo 2/3- 2012: grethe bachmann

5 comments:

Teresa Evangeline said...

The first butterfly of the year! How wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I've always loved your butterfly posts. They not only show their beauty, their fragility, but I know them better.

Carolyn said...

Love this, Grethe ́...

Butterflies are my favorite.... is that you in the header picture?

Beautiful picture... ;)

Thyra said...

Hej Teresa, thank you, I know you love butterflies too, those little beauties! And now has the time come where it is possible to meet a butterfly when I'm out. It is the best time of the year, when everything is alive out there. I feel like I have been in - what is it you say about the bear, when he sleeps in winter? Hibernate. But now the days are getting better!
Welcome to the sun....
Nosehugs to Buddy!
Grethe `)



Carolyn thank you,but there is something you can be absolutely sure of, and this is that my photos are always without me. I'm not shy, it's just my princip. Most people in my photos are unknown to me. Besides nature I mostly like photos of children and animals and old people with lots of wrinkles!!
I hope I'll meet many butterflies this year. I think you would laugh if you saw me chasing around like a mad in a flower field in summer!

Cheers
Grethe ´)

Out on the prairie said...

A genuine spring find, lovely to share

Thyra said...

Hej Steve, yes it is such a lovely sign of spring. I hope the weather is just as good in the week-end.

Have a nice week-end
Grethe ´)