|Sean Connery and the Aston Martin|
|Roger Moore and the Lotus Esprit|
It seems I have ended up in a little corner of entertainment. Today it is 50 years since we saw the first James Bond-movie! 50 Years! Danish TV has been celebrating Bond a little this morning. While watching TV I had my porridge with blueberries and strong black coffee without sugar. Not Dry Martini with olives - shaked not stirred! No, not in the morning anyway.
Well, they had brought three fabulous Bond cars out in the open in front of the railway-station in Copenhagen: What a sight. I know that those cars are not good for the environment. But they are beautiful. What a design! The present owners of the cars represented them and told a little about them.
1) The owner of the Aston Martin had bought the car 27 years ago, and he had paid about 72.000 kroner'
( that's about 10.000 dollars for it then). Now it's much more worth. He had just been on a holiday in England where he was driving it through the countryside and people recognized it. The Aston Martin was the first Bond-car, used in Goldfinger with Sean Connery. The Aston Martin was also in fx Goldeneye, Casino Royale etc.
2) The Lotus Esprit was used in The Spy who Loved me (1977) with the elegant Roger Moore. The Lotus Esprit was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro and was featured in a long chase sequence converting into a submarine.The Lotus Esprit was also in For Your Eyes only.
|Pierce Brosnan and the BMW|
3) The BMW from films like Tomorrow Never Dies with Pierce Brosnan, also in The World is not Enough etc. .
We always see pretty models in bikinis sitting on the cars, but I think you should see three handsome guys instead - leaning up three beautiful cars.
Congratulations James Bond - here's your Dry Martini!
Official James Bond films
- Dr. No (1962-Sean Connery)
- From Russia With Love (1963-Sean Connery)
- Goldfinger (1964-Sean Connery)
- Thunderball (1965-Sean Connery)
- You Only Live Twice (1967-Sean Connery)
- On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969-George Lazenby)
- Diamonds Are Forever (1971-Sean Connery)
- Live and Let Die (1973-Roger Moore)
- The Man with the Golden Gun (1974-Roger Moore)
- The Spy Who Loved Me (1977-Roger Moore)
- Moonraker (1979-Roger Moore)
- For Your Eyes Only (1981-Roger Moore)
- Octopussy (1983-Roger Moore)
- A View to a Kill (1985-Roger Moore)
- The Living Daylights (1987-Timothy Dalton)
- Licence to Kill (1989-Timothy Dalton)
- GoldenEye (1995-Pierce Brosnan)
- Tomorrow Never Dies (1997-Pierce Brosnan)
- The World is Not Enough (1999-Pierce Brosnan)
- Die Another Day (2002-Pierce Brosnan)
- Casino Royale (2006-Daniel Craig)
- Quantum of Solace (2008-Daniel Craig)
- Skyfall (November 2012-Daniel Craig)